Terms & Conditions
Thank you for considering Rusty's Furry Companions as your Pet Care Professional. Below are the terms and conditions that Rusty's Furry Companions provides.
** All Terms and Conditions subject to change** Renewed 03/23
The parties herein agree as follows:
This agreement will take effect start date, and upon signature by Client, this will remain in effect until terminated by either party as provided below in Item 9. The first scheduled service period is from first requested date made on the website and accepted by said business. Client may make online reservations ONLY at any time during the term of this agreement, subject to Pet Sitter availability. If Pet Owner wishes to add any additional services than the owner may text Rusty’s Furry Companions. All scheduled visits will be governed by all the terms of this agreement. We appreciate as much advance notice as possible but will make every effort to accommodate all requests.
2. The Fee of Service will be described on the invoice emailed to owner. **An Invoice will be provided to the pet owner for the requested dates. Any additional visits/add-ons are requested or approved by client/pet sitter, or otherwise authorized under this Agreement, such additional visits will be charged at the same per visit rate set out.
3. Pet Sitter is authorized to perform care and services as outlined on this agreement. Both Pet Sitter and Client recognize that the welfare of the animal is the highest priority. If in Pet Sitter’s judgment additional services become necessary during the service period to properly care for the animal, Rusty’s Furry Companions will first make reasonable attempts to contact Client then the emergency contact: If Client or Emergency Contact cannot be contacted for whatever reason, Pet Sitter is authorized to undertake such additional steps as may in the reasonable judgment of the Pet Sitter be necessary or appropriate for the health and welfare of the animal, including but not limited to (a) additional visits by Pet Sitter to provide care for the animal; (b) consultation with Client’s Veterinarian listed, or with an emergency veterinary care provider should Client’s Veterinarian be unavailable; (c) authorizing care and treatment as recommended by Client’s Veterinarian or an emergency veterinary care provider (excluding euthanasia) up to a maximum cost of $500; and (d) such other steps as may in the reasonable judgment of Pet Sitter be necessary or appropriate for the health and welfare of the animal. Client agrees to be responsible for all fees and expenses incurred for care and treatment of the animal pursuant to this paragraph, and releases and holds Rusty’s Furry Companions harmless from all liabilities related to transportation, treatment and expense. Client agrees to reimburse Rusty’s Furry Companions for any expense incurred, plus any additional fees for attending to animal’s needs or any expenses incurred for any other home/food/supplies needed.
A Credit Card must be provided to your Veterinarian Office or to Rusty’s Furry Companions due to unforeseen Veterinary Visit. The Credit Card information will ONLY be used for Emergency, Treatment of pet(s) and Doctor Visit. If credit Card is not left for both parties, then the credit card from Rusty’s Furry Companions will use the card to pay for such treatments, HOWEVER, owner is responsible to pay- IN FULL, the amount owed to Rusty’s Furry Companions.
4. Should Rusty’s Furry Companions feel the pet is at Risk staying in Owner’s Home without proper supervision, Owner gives Rusty’s Furry Companions permission to:
CONTACT will be made to Emergency Contact Number OR Bring to Pet Sitter’s Home (Fees May Apply)
5. Pet Sitter agrees to provide the services stated in this agreement in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of these services and as an express condition thereof, CLIENT EXPRESSLY WAIVES AND RELINQUISHES ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST PET SITTER/Rusty's Furry Companions ARISING OUT OF, OR RELATING TO, THE PROVISION OF SERVICES HEREUNDER, EXCEPT THOSE ARISING FROM GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT ON THE PART OF PET SITTER/COMPANY. SHOULD PET SITTER OR ANY AUTHORIZED PERSON ACCOMPANYING PET SITTER SUSTAIN ANY INJURY, DISEASE OR OTHER HARM IN THE COURSE OF PROVIDING SERVICES HEREUNDER, CLIENT WILL INDEMNIFY PET SITTER/COMPANY AND HOLD IT HARMLESS WITH RESPECT TO ALL LOSS, EXPENSE AND DAMAGE CAUSED THEREBY, EXCEPT THOSE ARISING FROM GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT ON THE PART OF PET SITTER/COMPANY.
6. Client acknowledges that payment is due day of a scheduled service period without further invoice or notice. A finance charge of 25% per week will be added to unpaid balances after 7 days from Due date. A handling fee of $35 will be charged on all returned checks. An advance deposit may be required whenever warranted in the sole judgment of Rusty’s Furry Companions. In the event it is necessary to initiate collection proceedings on the account, Client will be responsible for all attorney’s fees and costs of collection.
7. In the event of personal emergency or illness of Pet Sitter/Rusty’s Furry Companions, Client authorizes Pet Sitter to arrange for another qualified person to fulfill responsibilities as set forth on this agreement. In such case, Rusty’s Furry Companions will remain fully responsible for the proper discharge of all services under this Agreement. Every attempt will be made to notify client regarding such situation.
8. All pets that will be using PawParty or PawStay are to be currently vaccinated, on flea and heart worm prevention, minimum yearly Veterinary Visit. Owner agrees to keep Pet Sitter/Rusty’s Furry Companions up to date on any medical issues, behavior changes and/or email vaccine information. If Rusty’s Furry Companions has not received an email from Veterinary Office/Pet Owner on such updates the Sitter/Rusty’s Furry Companions has the right to decline requested services on future visits.
9. Pet Sitter and Client each may terminate this contract at any time by written notice to the other. Pet Sitter will be entitled to payment for all services rendered until notice of termination is received, and for any transition services reasonably required to provide for the health and welfare of Client’s pets. Pet Sitter will not terminate during a period of scheduled service unless Pet Sitter determines, in his/her sole discretion, that a danger exists to the health or safety of Pet Sitter. If such concerns preclude Pet Sitter from providing further care of the pet, then Client authorizes pet to be placed in a kennel, with all charges therefrom to be charged to Client. Owner understands that additional charges will be made to kennel, and Rusty’s furry Companions will not reimburse Client.
Every attempt will be made to notify Client regarding such situation.
10. Client acknowledges that by signing below, he/she is providing written approval for the provision of services by Pet Sitter during any service period scheduled by Client and accepted by Pet Sitter. Upon such scheduling and acceptance, Pet Sitter/Rusty’s Furry Companions will be authorized to enter Client premises and perform services without additional signed agreements or written authorization and to accept Online reservations for future visits.
11. The Client gives Pet Sitter/Rusty’s Furry Companions permission to give medication and/or treatment to the pet(s). The Client will not hold any liability to Pet Sitter/Rusty’s Furry Companions. The owner understands that an additional form will be given to owner to sign. Pet Sitter/Rusty’s Furry Companions cannot change the prescribed medication made by doctor.
12. Any Information you will need, regarding pricing, services, and/or miscellaneous is provided on the website of Rusty’s Furry Companions. www.rustysfurrycompanions.com
13. If a cancellation is needed, and services are no longer required, notice of cancellation needs to be done 72 hours prior to Start Date. If notice of cancellation is provided inside of 72 hours, the invoice will still need to be paid of 50%-70% of Invoice given for Services. This price will be owed to Rusty’s Furry Companions on the day of cancellation.
*Please be aware that your space has been blocked off for your use.
14. Pet Transportation is requested or included in the service, owner understands that proper coverage and seatbelt may be used or create.
15. Additional Services that are offered can, or will be requested through the website, and/or paid through the website, if related to memberships, Pet Hospice, Bath, etc. The polices set forth through this agreement and on the website will be applied and the handled through Rusty’s Furry Companions.
16. Scheduling: Pet Owner understands that requests will be done through the website. Please give 48 hours for confirmation. Owner understands that, IF a confirmation has not been given, then requested date and time are NOT on the schedule. An additional email will be given with availability by Rusty’s Furry Companions.
17. Hours: The office hours for Rusty’s Furry Companions is 9am-4pm; the working hours for Rusty’s Furry Companions is 7am-10pm, more specific times for walking dogs, drop ins, and/or Pet Care are specified on the website.
18. Memberships: Owner understands that the memberships (Silver, VIP and Platinum) are paid monthly for 12 months. If you wish to cancel the membership it must be done 14 days before the expiration end date. Membership starts on 1st payment date and will end 12 months later.
The member will have personal login, group access and other listed perks on the website. To cancel written notice must be done 14 days before renewal.
(Ex. January 1st, 2023, final payment will be January 1st, 2024)
*Please note, that if you have not used the services provided by Rusty's Furry Companions in a 2 year period, your account will be deleted to create more space for New Clients. If you return after the 2 year period, you will be required to fill out ALL the Information again.